Beyond the fresh air and refreshing green of the woods, the mountains have a chance to see and those flowers that give color and charm fill grassland, glades and alpine pastures. Texture and also resistant plants grow wild in the foothills and mountain ridges until, finding favorable living conditions both in open field, and under trees. If some species prefer the cool neighborhood of streams, others feel at ease in swamps or putrid arbor of forest. May "bold" better "equipped" protection systems (dwarf forms or crawling, Dimensions low, thick skin with fine spikes or hairs that form a real felt pools of water in leaf tissue, etc. .) are plants that manage to "colonize" barren rocks of peaks up to 2,000 m altitude. They have to cope with arid conditions (wind, drought, frost) present almost all year round.
Shapes, colors and flavors:
Generally, all have something special mountain flowers. First, graceful figure, impossible to overlook. Then, color and shape, combining mountain flowers most often light colors (red, yellow, orange, blue, purple) with stellar forms (single, double or even more complicated). Leaves of many species offers surprises at your suggestion to fine fabric, silk or velvet. Also, these delicate flowers in May odors emanating gentle or steep, associated with the taste of tea (mint, thyme, oregano, cranberry or cranberry), spices (garlic, onion, horseradish, basil) or flavored drinks (caraway, juniper, Angelica). Besides the positive effect they have on the human psyche, the mountain flowers are in fact a wealth difficult to express in words. Thus, there are species of historical importance, witness of times long gone, we "talk "about the meaning of evolution. One should pay special attention to those rare flower species category vulnerable because beauty, their fragrance and therapeutic qualities have been collected without discernment, and largely destroyed.
Many mountain flowers contain pharmacologically active principles, are therefore used as: adjuvant treatments, disinfectants (chamomile, yarrow stem), healing (plantain, grass thief), painkillers (heal, hops, lime), etc..
Furthermore, therapeutic effects have recognized medicinal and aromatic plants in many diseases of the digestive system (centaury herb St. John's wort, peppermint), respiratory (Robin boot, candles, podbalul), cardiovascular (Herb base, saschiul small hawthorn), genito urinary (bag Shepherd, orchids, thorn).
If you love the mountain ...
That we can enjoy the beauty of the alpine flora not only us but the generations that will follow, should follow a few rules "conduct mountain":
- Do not break unless you really need flowers. Even if you only get to adorn your room, pick them when you close the cottage (droop slightly) and in reasonable numbers. Small bouquets can be as if they are brightly colored decorations.
- Do not uproot plants with roots and all, so it allows you to regenerate, even in the year they have broken stems and flowers shall cease earlier vegetation.
- If you've decided to pick our own plants for tea, always do a careful, and leaving others.
- Try a little acquainted with the mountain before the climb. Reading or talking to a connoisseur, you will find valuable details, you will focus more easily and will succeed, perhaps, to recognize and protect valuable plant species.
- Instead of flowers the corner, they will press (and look!) Between sheets of a book, choose the photos made in memory as a unique natural environment.
- Draw your children in activities that involve contact with nature and learn to cherish and enjoy its riches.
- Remember one thing: if you have felt good, you want to come back. And what great joy you have being mentioned the same places you have connected spiritually!
GO TO TOP^